EdEC Code of Conduct
As a community, we in EdEC agree to:
- Create an environment where members can bring their authentic selves to EdEC.
- Acknowledge, empower, promote, encourage, and value all job classes and individuals.
- Be an active listener and demonstrate a genuine desire to understand.
- Be supportive and open to multiple ideas and ways of thinking.
- Be kind and constructive in our feedback.
- Treat colleagues and visitors with respect and be respectful in words, tone, and body language.
- Be accountable for unintentional harm.
- Foster a working environment that encourages reaching out to others for assistance when needed and pitching in when others are in need.
- Respect workloads of others when planning projects or requesting time.
- Avoid creating a false sense of urgency with requests and push back or ask for help when encountering false urgency.
- View missteps in communication as opportunities for growth, learning and curiosity. Everyone makes mistakes!